Very Rev. Fr. Emmanuel M. P. Edeh commonly known as Father Edeh, (born May 1947) is a Nigerian Catholic priest of the Holy Ghost congregation. Father Edeh is the founder of the Pilgrimage Centre of Eucharistic Adoration also known as the Pilgrimage Centre for Peace and Reconciliation Elele, Rivers State, Nigeria. He celebrated his 70th birthday yesterday at National Pilgrimage Centre Elele, Rivers State.
- He grew up under a charitable and peace-loving mother, Mama Omeogo.
- Studied in America and majored in Philosophy with his Ph.D. in Metaphysics (1984).
- Highlights of Igbo Metaphysics include: Mma-di, Caring/charity, empowerment and peace.
- The after-effects of Nigerian Civil war and the goal of EPTAISM (Edeh’s Philosophy of thought and action)
- Establishment of Centre for Peace, Justice and Reconciliation, in 1984.
- Centre for abjectly poor (Umuogbenye).
- Catholic Prayer Ministry of the Holy Spirit and Medicare centres spreading all over the world.
- Establishment of various self-help projects/skill acquisition centres
- Founding of the National Pilgrimage Centre Elele
- Establishment of schools from Nursery to Tertiary institutions like Madonna university, caritas University.
- Scholarship programmes for less-privileged and handicapped students
- Employment and empowerment of the young people of this generation
- Specificity of his Private Institutions due to their background in his philosophy of Mma-di cum thought and action all the way. The success stories of Madonna University and other institutions of higher learning, some spectacular and significant achievements of his schools in the National and International scenes.
- Projection, popularization and perpetuation of Prof. Edeh’s peace-project through the four flourishing Religious Congregations who will continue the programmes that engender peace in the hearts of people.
- Various awards and recognitions given to him as a result of his labour to recover peace in the hearts of people and in the world.
- The crown of Fr. Edeh’s contribution to world peace is the establishment of the Madonna International Charity Peace Award (MICPA) in 2006.
- Edeh’s Charity Peace Model
- Edeh as Servant Leader (Flipped Pyramid Structure)
- Millennium Development Goals, Edeh as Pacesetter:
– Eradication of Extreme Poverty and hunger
– Women/Youth Empowerment
– Health care delivery and capacity buildin